Duties & Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of the Engineering Department is to provide engineering and surveying expertise to all town departments, boards and committees relative to the construction, reconstruction and maintenance of the Town's various infrastructure components which includes roads, drainage, sidewalks, parking lots and municipal properties.
What we do:
- In addition to performing various engineering related tasks for the Town, the Department also is responsible for the following:
- Review proposed subdivision plans and monitor road construction.
- Review Commercial Site Plans and Monitor Construction.
- Maintain assessor maps, land maps, road layout plans and construction plans.
- Maintain Road Pavement Management System.
- Administer applications for Road Opening Permits within a Town road layout.
- Administer "Temporary Repairs to Private Roads" applications.
- Administer "Street Acceptances as Town Ways" applications.
- Monitor road safety and traffic control issues.
- Represent the Town on the Cape Cod Regional Joint Transportation Committee.
- Liaison To The Dennis Road Safety Task Force.
- Review Stormwater Management Permits.