Full Time Police Officer position
***The department recently held a police entrance examination in March 2014 from which a hiring eligibility list was created. This list will be used for the next two years for hiring purposes.***
The patrol officer's position is the department's entry level position for police personnel.
The minimum requirements include:
- Minimum age: 21 at time of appointment
- United States Citizen
- High School Diploma/Equivalency Certificate
- Valid Massachusetts Drivers License
- Reside within 15 miles of the limits of the Town (upon appointment)
- No Felony Record
- Must not have disqualifying factor which would prohibit issuance of a license to carry a firearm
- Honorable discharge from military service (if applicable)
- Good past employment record
- Evidence of character suitable for police service
For more information about full time employment with the Dennis Police Department you can contact Lt. John Brady.
The Department hires four civilian "police cadets" during the summer season. The cadets assist dispatch personnel answering phones, greeting citizens at the counter, entering and dispatching of calls and other related duties. For more information concerning the seasonal police cadet position you can contact Lt. John Brady.
Application for cadet employment can be forwarded to Lt. Peter Benson C/O Dennis Police Department 90 Bob Crowell Rd. South Dennis, Mass. 02660.
***All of the Cadet positions for the 2015 season have been filled.***