Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
Town of Dennis, Massachusetts
Home        Send Us Comments

Frequently Asked Questions
Where Do I Put My Sticker?
Click here for instructions

How far in advance should I make a reservation for a transient slip?
Please call the Harbor 10-14 days prior to the time you wish to use the transient space that may be available. We will try our best to accommodate you.

Do you have any transient moorings?

Yes.  There is (1) transient mooring in Bass River and (1) transient mooring in Sesuit Harbor.  Please call the Harbormaster at 508-385-5555 to make a reservation.

Where can I go fast in Bass River?
Two places in the river:

1. “The Speed Zone.” Located between Aunt Juliann’s’ Landing and the High Bank Bridge. The zone is marked at each end with a “NO WAKE” buoy.

2. At the very north end of Bass River, in Follins Pond.

The rest of Bass River is “NO WAKE”

What do I do if my boat is involved in a boating accident? 

Take care of all necessary immediate needs on your boat and the other boat. Call the Local Harbormaster/ U.S.C.G. by VHF Radio Channel # 16 or the Police/ Fire/ EMS phone 911.

All boating accidents without injuries that damages exceed $500.00 must be reported through the MA Environmental Police.  Any boating accident that involves any injury that requires medical help must also be reported to the MA Environmental Police. Their number is 800-632-8075.  Accident forms must be filled out and sent to the MA Environmental Police.  Most local Harbormasters' have the proper forms and will be the first investigating agency in a boating accident.

Dennis Town Seal
Town of Dennis, Massachusetts
685 Route 134
South Dennis, MA 02660
PH: 508.394.8300    FAX: 508.394.8309
Website Disclaimer & Privacy Policy