The mission of the building department is to promote life safety and to preserve the health and well-being of the citizens of the Town of Dennis in their connection with buildings and land use. The Department's focus is to educate the public, enforce minimum building, plumbing, gas electrical, and zoning standards through teamwork and personal pride, and enhance the relationship with the public and building community using customer service-oriented professionalism.
The Town of Dennis has adopted the MA Stretch Energy Code and it will be in effect as of January 1, 2020. As of February 7, 2020 the 2018 International Energy Code and any Massachusetts Amendments thereto will be in effect.
Please be advised that all new buildings (residential and commercial) will require a final as-built prior to the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy. Please plan accordingly.
When uploading revised or requested documents to your portal for a pending application or permit, please inform the following people via email of the new/revised uploaded documents:
- Mary Lou Hammond - for all building/zoning permits
- Kevin McCullough - for all plumbing and gas permits
- Richard Boudreau - for all electrical permits
- Ed Mooers - for historic applications
For same-day inspections, they must be requested through your customer portal by 9 am, otherwise, they will be put on the following business day.
- Building Inspections - Monday through Friday 10 am to 3 pm
- Plumbing and Gas Inspections - Monday through Friday 9:30 am to 3 pm
- Electrical Inspections - Monday through Friday 9:00 am to Noon
Instructions for applying for a Certificate of Inspection Business License:
- Online Services
- Online Permitting
- Register Account
- Confirm Email
- Log in with username and password
- Certificate of Inspection