Zoning Board of Appeals
- 6:30 pm
- Typically 4th Monday each month
- Dennis Town Hall Stone Room
685 Route 134
S Dennis, MA 02660
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Paul H Foley, AICP, Town Planner
- Anna Pannell, Principal Office Assistant
- Greg Stone, Alternate
- Peter Checkoway, Clerk
- Elisa Ridley, Member
- Gary Barber, Alternate
- James Kyrimes, Member
- Mark Carrick, Alternate
- Linda Slowe, Alternate
- Aaron Ridley, Member
- Gail Hart, Alternate
- Spencer Stone, Alternate
How to Apply Online to the Zoning Board of Appeals
Beginning September 15, 2020, all Planning and Zoning Applications must be submitted through our online permitting process. Please follow the instructions on this page to apply.
- Click on the link entitled "Online Permitting".
- In the upper right corner click on Guest.
- For first-time users, click on Register.
- Follow the steps to create your account (be sure to remember your username and password for future use. For future applications click on Login instead of Register).
- Go to the Home page and click on Apply.
- In the search bar at the top type Special Permit ((Variance, Appeal, Subdivision, etc.). Select Zoning or Planning Board.
- When your application appears click Apply.
- Click on the plus sign to add the location (address of your proposed project).
- In the search bar type your street number and name and click on the magnifier glass. When your address pops up click Add. If your address does not pop up, click Enter Manually, enter your information and then click Save Draft, Next.
- In the box list a brief description of your project (add porch, raze and replace, etc.), then click Save Draft, Next.
- Add all contacts involved by creating a separate sheet for each person (i.e. applicant, engineer, architect, builder, attorney, etc.). Save Draft, Next.
More Info Screen
- Enter the deed information. When you come to the Setbacks Table, Click on the Pencil to the right. Do not click "Add Row." Enter the values in each screen and save that section. If you do not know the values, you must enter 0.
- At the bottom is the Newspaper Billing Authorization: Whoever is listed here will be contacted by the newspaper for payment of the legal ad.
- Save Draft, Next.
- Attach the documents noted. Required documents include:
- A Zoning Referral from the Building Department
- An abutters list with a 300' radius from the project
- A current deed
- A sealed Site or Plot Plan, and both current and proposed elevation plans
- Print and sign your name as directed.
- Review and submit your application.
- If your application was entered successfully a confirmation notice should appear.
We will review your application and get back to you within two business days with the amount of the application fee. Please regularly check your account for our notification.
If you have any questions about this process please contact the Planning/Zoning Office via phone at 508-760-6119.