- 6 pm
- 3rd Wednesday of each month
- Dennis Town Hall Prue Conference Room
685 Route 134S
Dennis, MA 02660
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Jordan Halloran, Shellfish Constable
- John Lowell, Member
- Carl Howard, Member
- John Carrier, Alternate
- Robert Pickering, Member
- Ray Ward, Member
- Aaron Brochu, Chairman
- Steve Drowne, Member
- Jeffrey Doyle, Member
- Jeremy Corna, Alternate
- Bass River is closed to Recreational Shellfishing.
- Oysters and Quahogs are closed.
- Scallops are now open.
- Cape Cod Bay open for Sea Clams, Razor Clams, and Mussels.
Recreational Shellfish License Information
A Recreational Shellfish License is purchased yearly and valid for the calendar year. Only one license is issued per household and anyone in the immediate family may carry said permit on his/her person during its use. Licenses may be purchased at the Natural Resources office during regular business hours.
Please refer to the Recreational Shellfish Regulations for shellfish size, harvest days, and quantities.
How to Obtain a Recreation Shellfish License
- Dennis Residents over 70 years of age: $3 per calendar year
- Dennis Residents: $20 per calendar year
- Non-Residents: $65 per calendar year
- Non-Resident Veterans (BRAVE Act): Resident Fees ($20 for households or $3 for over 70 individuals). A MA driver's license and proof of having served in the military are required at the time of purchase.
Dennis residents need to bring their driver's license and one additional form of documentation with the Dennis address on it such as a current property tax bill or utility bills.
Cash or checks are accepted. We do not accept credit/debit cards.
If you are renewing your shellfish license from the previous year, please bring in your current shellfish license and we will update it with a new valid sticker for the calendar year.
If you missed a year or more of renewal, you will need to bring in your driver's license and one additional form of documentation with the Dennis address on it.
Commercial Shellfish License Information
A Commercial Shellfish License is purchased yearly between the months of January to March at the Natural Resources office.
The cost for this license is $250 and must be accompanied with an application form and a Commercial license from the Division of Marine Fisheries.