Does Animal Control handle wildlife?

Reports of injured or diseased wildlife are usually referred to the Dennis Natural Resources Department. They can be reached at Town Hall during business hours at 508-760-6123. In an emergency, such as a deer hit by a car, during off-duty hours the Dennis Police Department will respond, and contact Animal Control or a Natural Resources Officer to respond if necessary.

Calls regarding "nuisance" wildlife complaints such as a skunk living under a porch or squirrels in the attic are referred to local companies that are licensed to remove these animals. These companies can be found in the yellow pages or the internet under "Pests". For more information contact the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) at 508-362-0111, or the Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (MSPCA) at 508-775-0940, organizations that offer homeowners tips on living with wildlife and humanely removing or excluding wildlife from your home.

Many calls regarding injured or orphaned wildlife are referred to local nonprofit wildlife rehabilitation organizations.

Show All Answers

1. Does your agency deal with cats?
2. Does Animal Control handle wildlife?
3. What happens to the stray dogs that are picked up by Animal Control?
4. What types of calls do you get?
5. What types of calls do you get?