Services and referrals offered by the Dennis Council on Aging:
- Case Management including home visits: Short term case management to provide referrals to appropriate agencies, assess needs and match resources accordingly
- The Friendly Visitor Program: The goal of the program is to connect home bound seniors with a volunteer who enjoys a one-on-one relationship.
- Fuel Assistance: This program is open to all residents of Dennis who qualify.
- SNAP (food stamp) information
- Housing Assistance: We have a brochure for all housing on the Cape as well as the universal housing application. Call for details.
- Emergency Transportation and Emergency food shopping or prescription pick-up: Outreach offers this service on an emergency basis only. Call for more details.
- Handyman List and Home Health Worker Lists: Workers have been CORIed in the state of Massachusetts.
- The Telephone Reassurance Program: Administered by the Police Department at 508.394.1314.
- Shine Program: The Shine counsellors are experts in Medicare, Mass Health, and other insurances to make sure you have the best insurance possible.
- Health Care Proxies, Five Wishes, Molst Forms: These are available, the most updated one of these being the Molst form.
- Home Visits: For wellness checks.
- Brown Bag Program: This is a first Friday of the month bag full of 25-35 dollars’ worth of food. Volunteers deliver to the housing complexes if someone does not drive. Drivers must pick up their bags. Call to see if you qualify and want to sign up.
For more information, call Marion Prendergast, the Outreach Coordinator at 508-694-2004.