Open Burning is allowed January 15th to May 1st of each year
and permits may be obtained online.
- Burning is permitted from 10 AM to 4 PM each day depending on weather conditions.
- Burning is valid only at the address stated on the permit.
- Burning of brush, cane,driftwood, and forestry debris is allowed. No grass, hay, leaves, or stumps.
- Burning of construction materials, demolition debris, or household trash is NOT allowed.
- Burning is allowed only on residential parcels of land. Burning for commercial or land clearing purposes is strictly prohibited.
- Fires must be attended to by an adult at all times.
- Water, rakes, shovels, or other fire suppression equipment must be readily available to control the fire at all times.
- If burning is causing a disturbance to the neighborhood, permit holder will need to extinguish the fire.
Permission to burn must be obtained EACH DAY by calling the Dennis Fire Department at 508-394-1292 after 9am.
You must provide your permit number when calling.