Effective March 18, 2020:
Until further notice, Open Burning Permits may be obtained by calling the Fire Department non-emergency line at 508-398-0363.
Your information will be taken over the phone and your permit number and regulations will be emailed to you. There is no charge for the permits.
- Open burning will be allowed from Jan 15 to April 30. Burning is permitted from 10 AM to 4 PM each day depending on weather conditions.
- A permit is required from the Fire Department to burn. This may be obtained at either fire station at no charge. A number will be assigned to your permit. Permit numbers from last year are valid.
- The Brush Burning call in line is 508-394-1292. Call this number after 9AM each day to check on burning for that day and leave your Burning Permit number if burning is allowed.
- Burning is limited to brush, cane, driftwood and forestry debris. Commercial and Industrial burning is prohibited.
- Burning of grass, leaves and construction debris is prohibited.
- Fires must be attended by an adult at all times and extinguished by 4 PM each day.
- Click here for our Safety Tips for Open Burning Season flyer.