Open Burning is allowed January 15th to May 1st of each year.
Open Burn Permits may now be obtained online.
Please click here to fill out and request your burn permit.
- Burning is permitted from 10 AM to 4 PM each day depending on weather conditions.
- Burning is valid only at the address stated on the permit.
- Burning of brush, cane,driftwood, and forestry debris is allowed. No grass, hay, leaves, or stumps.
- Burning of construction materials, demolition debris, or household trash is NOT allowed.
- Burning is allowed only on residential parcels of land. Burning for commercial or land clearing purposes is strictly prohibited.
- Fires must be attended to by an adult at all times.
- Water, rakes, shovels, or other fire suppression equipment must be readily available to control the fire at all times.
- If burning is causing a disturbance to the neighborhood, permit holder will need to extinguish the fire.
Permission to burn must be obtained EACH DAY by calling the Dennis Fire Department at 508-394-1292 after 9am.
You must provide your permit number when calling.
- Click here for our Safety Tips for Open Burning Season flyer.
- Click here for our Open Fire Policy that includes cooking fires, fire pits, and camp fires.
- Click here for Frequently Asked Questions regarding Open Burning.