The Town of Dennis announces Beach Operation Plans for the season. Given the active COVID-19 health State of Emergency, these plans are subject to change upon further evaluation.
Beaches Remain Open
The Dennis Beaches remain open. At this time, there will be no fee charged at any beach and lifeguards and parking attendants will not be on duty, a grace period for stickers has been issued until June 13th.
The Commonwealth has set strict Beach reopening guidelines requiring groups to maintain a 12’ minimum distance between other groups sitting on beach. Due to these social distancing requirements the Town has identified some areas of concern and proactively has temporarily set limits on parking at some routinely over crowded beaches. The Beach supervisor(s) will monitor the social distancing situation with close coordination with the Town Health Agent(s) and may either reduce and/or increase parking as deemed fit.
The following Dennis beaches will have reduced parking capacity:
- Mayflower Beach - upper parking lot will be temporarily closed.
- Corporation Beach - ballfield overflow parking will be temporarily closed.
- West Dennis Beach - resident parking temporarily closed.
- South Village Beach - temporarily close one of the two parking areas.
- Glendon Beach - temporarily close portion of parking area.
All beach locations will be closely monitored and if required parking may be further limited to promote State social distancing protocols.
Crowes Pasture will be opened June 1st for recreational vehicle access when sufficient staffing is in place.
Harbor Operations are open. Stickers not be required until June 13th .
Parking Attendants and Lifeguards will not enforce social distancing but will generally monitor for overcrowding and report concerns to beach supervisors. Social distancing will be enforced in coordination with beach supervisors and health department.
Town Encourages Purchase of Stickers by Mail and or Online
Due to the Governors guidance on the phased reopening of public buildings and our current situation with the Covid-19 Pandemic we will now be accepting mail in payments. With these payments you will still have to provide the necessary documentation along with a self-addressed stamped envelope. Processing time is approximately two weeks. As of this date, we are not doing any walk-in sticker sales. We will keep you updated when Town Hall will be open for walk in sales.
- Application for mail in stickers are on the Town of Dennis website (please print). Download Here
- If you are unable to print the application we will have them available outside the front door of Town Hall.
- You can drop your completed application with all pertinent information in the lockbox located near the front door of Town Hall.
- Beach, ORV, and Harbor stickers are all available online.
The enforcement date for beach stickers at all beaches is being deferred to June 13th to allow more time for residents and taxpayers to purchase these beach parking stickers, online or by mail.
The Health and Police Departments have increased their presence and will provide assistance, in anticipation of an increase in beach attendance during summer season, for monitoring social distancing, the wearing of face coverings when appropriate and adherence to limitations on large gatherings (< 10 people).
Further action may need to be taken if the public health is jeopardized by overcrowding or non-compliance with all guidance. These plans have been endorsed by the Select Board and are subject to change upon further evaluation that adherence is not being met.