DENNIS 2020 OFF ROAD VEHICLE
PERMITS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL
MONDAY, APRIL 6TH, 2020
The Town of Dennis is blessed with beautiful, long, clean, and sandy beaches on our north shore, notably at Crowes Pasture. It is felt by the Dennis Conservation Commission that this area can be traversed by beach vehicles if used cautiously with due concern to environmental and human values.
Off Road Vehicle permits are for the use of vehicles on Crowes Pasture Beach ONLY.
When considering an ORV permit, be aware that during Shorebird nesting season, as protected populations, such as the Piping Plovers and Least Turns increase, the beaches for ORV access may be subject to closure, particularly during the months of May- Sept. Staff cannot predict changes, and closures may happen without warning. Please subscribe to our E- Alerts to received our up to date ORV News & Annoucements. To subscribe, click here
Permit Sale Policies & Procedures
ORV permits may be purchased online or in person at the Department of Natural Resources. The DNR office is located at 685 Route 134, South Dennis, MA 02660.
- Year Round Permits: valid May 1, 2019 – April 30, 2020
- Residents/ Taxpayer: $150 each
- Non-Residents: $300 each
- Off Season Permits: valid September 3, 2019 - May 1, 2020
- Flat rate - $100 each
- Replacement Permits: Please note if you need a replacement permit for ANY reason, you MUST bring in the old permit.Otherwise, you will have to pay the full price again.
- Replacement - $10 each
WE DO NOT SELL DAY/WEEK PASSES FOR ORV BEACHES.
Below is the online application link for Dennis 2019 Off Road Vehicle Stickers. Stickers may be purchased online by filling out and submitting this online application on or after April 1, 2019. Please be sure to provide all required information with the application. Once you have successfully submitted your application, you will receive an email notification of your order. Upon verification of your information by Town staff, you will receive an email that your order has been successfully processed and will be mailed to you. If you have any questions regarding the ordering process, please call 508-760-6148. *All permit sales are final and the Town does not issue any refunds.
Sticker sale hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM, in the DNR office. Please make sure to bring all the necessary documentation. If you are paying with cash, money must be paid in full amount. Staff will not be able to provide any change.
- Completed Application form (available online or in DNR office)
- Valid vehicle registration
- Dennis Property Owners - Copy of current tax bill
- Dennis Renters - Copy of 12 month lease and 2 utility bills with renters name and Dennis address listed (No P.O. Boxes)
- Applicable fee (checks are to be written out to the “Town of Dennis”)
Anyone wishing to obtain an ORV permit must have their vehicle registered in their name unless:
- You have written permission to use a company vehicle (a vehicle registered under a company name must submit a letter from a company rep authorizing permission to drive the vehicle with an ORV permit on the beach)
- Proof of ownership of the company on the vehicle registration
- A minimum one year vehicle lease agreement (any leased vehicle must submit a copy of the lease agreement along with the registration)
Each year you will be required to fill out an application and to bring in the documentation listed above.
Registered owners and other operators must have a valid driver’s license, and abide by all Town of Dennis Rules and Regulations for Off Road Vehicles.
4 Wheel/ All-Wheel Drive vehicles may obtain an ORV permit. All vehicles using these Conservation and Beach areas shall be properly registered and bear current motor vehicle inspection stickers. All vehicles accessing the beach must display an ORV permit on the driver’s side front bumper along with having all the required equipment.
RENTAL VEHICLES ARE PROHIBITED.
Inspections will be administered by staff before accessing the beach and at any time thereafter. Vehicles not possessing the required equipment shall not access the beach. If stopped on the beach for a spot inspection and you do not have ALL of the required equipment, you may be subject to a fine and/ or the loss of your Off Road Vehicle Permit. The following equipment is needed for an inspection sign off.
- Jack------------------------------- standard that comes with vehicle
- Shovel---------------------------- heavy duty
- Jack Plank -----------------------board no less than 12x 12x 5/8’’
- Low pressure tire gauge------must go down to 10 PSI
- Towline or chain-----------------heavy duty, at least 14’ length & 1400lbs strength
- Town of Dennis Regulations for Beach Vehicles
- Tide Chart
For additional information regarding ORV permits, please reference the Town of Dennis Rules & Regulations for Beach Vehicles and ORV Management Policies.