Where to Vote:
The five voting precincts in the Town of Dennis are:
Precinct 1: Carleton Hall, 1006 Old Bass River Road, Dennis, MA 02638
Precinct 2: Dennis Town Hall - Stone Hearing Room, 685 Route 134, South Dennis, MA 02660
Precinct 3: Dennis Public Library, 5 Hall Street, Dennisport, MA 02639
Precinct 4: West Dennis Graded School, 67 School Street, West Dennis, MA 02670
Precinct 5: Dennis Police Station, 90 Bob Crowell Rd, South Dennis, MA 02660
On Election Day the Polls will be open from 7:00 am – 8:00 pm
If you are unsure of where you vote on Election Day you can visit the Secretary of Commonwealth's website Where Do I Vote? or call the Town Clerk's Office at 508-760-6112.
Scan here to check your voter registration status.
Attached below are the 150 foot campaign buffers:
- P1 Carleton Hall 150ft Buffer
- P2 Dennis Dennis Town Hall & P5 Dennis Police Station 150ft Buffer Overlap
- P3 Dennis Public Library 150ft Buffer
- P4 1867 West Dennis Graded School House 150ft Buffer
- Water District Election - April 28, 2020 (Voter Registration Deadline: April 8, 2020)
- Annual Town Election - May 12, 2020 (Voter Registration Deadline: April 15, 2020)
- State Primary - September 1, 2020 (Voter Registration Deadline: August 12, 2020)
- Presidential Election - November 3, 2020 (Voter Registration Deadline: October 14, 2020)
- Early Voting – Presidential Election: October 19- October 30, 2020
- 2020 Presidential Primary
- 2019 Annual Town Election
- 2018 School District & Special Town Election
- 2018 State Election Results
- 2018 State Primary Results
- 2018 Annual Town Election
- 2017 Annual Town Election
- 2016 Special Town Election
- 2016 Annual Town Election
Registering to Vote/How to become a Voter:
To be eligible to register to vote in Massachusetts you must be a U.S. citizen, a resident of Massachusetts, and 18 years old on or before the next election.
You may register to vote in person with any City/Town Clerk, at the Registry of Motor Vehicles, at a number of state agencies or On-line by clicking here. The completed form should then be mailed to:
Dennis Town Clerk
685 Route 134
South Dennis, MA 02660
To register to vote online you can click here or on the logo below. You can also use the Online Voter Registration System to change you name for voting purposes, change your address for voting purposes or to change your political party.
To obtain an applications for absentee ballots please click here, visit the Town Clerk's office, or visit the Secretary of the Commonwealth's website. Applications may be sent by mail to the Town Clerk's Office or dropped off in person. Deadlines to obtain absentee ballots are posted for each election at the Town Clerk's office.
Absentee ballots can only be requested by persons who will be out-of-town on Election Day, those unable to vote on Election Day due to illness and for religious reasons.
The cut off time to request an absentee ballot is Noon the day before the election.
Ballots need to be returned to the Clerk's Office on Election Day or before.
Town Hall, Stone Hearing Room
Hosted by the League of Women Voters of the Cape Cod Area
The Town Clerk's Office has put together a Candidates' Night that will be moderated by the League of Women Voters of the Cape Cod Area. Candidates running for a contested race will be asked questions by the moderator. Each Candidate is given time for opening and closing remarks.
Candidates' Night will be broadcasted live on the local Channel 18 the night of the event. After the event a video will be posted online. To watch the Candidates Night online you can select the "Minutes, Agendas & Video" link on the main home page of the website or click here. On the bottom of that page, under "Other Programs and Events" is Candidates' Night. Click the "Watch Now" link to view the video.
For more information on the League of Women Voters please click here to visit their website.
Campaign Finance Information
MGL Chapter 55, Section 26, in effect on January 1, 2010, now requires local election officials to post on the municipal Web site "all campaign finance reports required to be filed with the city or town clerk if more than $1,000 in receipts, expenditures or liabilities are disclosed in a reporting period."
Campaign Finance Reports can be found by clicking the link below:
National Night Out, Kid's Voting Results
- 2019: Favorite Summer Activity - Click Here For Results