The Dennis Police Department is seeking applicants for the position of Police Officer. Preference may be given to candidates who have completed and received certification for a full-time police academy that is accepted by the Massachusetts Municipal Police Training Committee.
The Dennis Police Department has 48 full-time sworn police officers. Specialty opportunities include: Detective Unit, Motorcycle Unit, ATV Unit, Community Operations Unit, School Resource Officer, Field Training Officer, Bicycle Patrol, K9, Mental Health Task Force, Cape Cod Regional SWAT Team, and Search and Rescue.
The base salary starts at $60,097 and increases to $101,024 based on years of service and education. This initial salary does not include overtime, details, shift differential, or specialty pay.
Candidates must meet these basic qualifications:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment
- Must have and maintain a valid Massachusetts driver's license
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
- An Associate's degree, Bachelor's degree, or prior military service is highly encouraged
- Must have or be able to obtain a Massachusetts License to Carry Firearms, "LTC"
The Town of Dennis is an AA/EOE.
For more information about full time employment with the Dennis Police Department you can contact Deputy Chief Cleve Daniels. To complete an application online view the Dennis Police Jobs website.