Dennis Affordable Housing Trust
- 6 pm
- 4th Monday of every month
- Town Hall
685 Route 134
South Dennis, MA 02660
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Bob Samoluk, Co-Chair
- Kayla Hilts, Co-Chair
- Joshua Mason, Vice Chair
- David Winther, Treasurer
- Kate Byron, Member
- PJ Rainwater, Member
- Noreen Browne, Member
- Paul H Foley, AICP Town Planner
- Maggie Spade-Aguilar, Housing Coordinator
Recognizing the plight of thousands of families in the Commonwealth who were unable to access affordable housing in their neighborhoods, the State Legislature enacted Section 55C, under Chapter 44 0f the general laws in 2000 to encourage cities and towns to establish an affordable housing trust fund for the express purpose of providing for both the creation, preservation, and support of affordable housing for low and moderate-income families. Dennis voted to assist its low and moderate-income residents through the Affordable Housing Trust in 2006.
The DMAHT was pleased to have a working relationship with WE CAN from 2013 to 2016 through the generosity of the Dennis CPC (Community Preservation Committee) grant funds that provided rental assistance and financial literacy programs to over a dozen income-eligible female head of households during the three-year funding cycle. Keep up the good work!
- Mass. Affordable Homes - Published as a community service by the non-profit Massachusetts Affordable Housing Alliance, this site is designed to help low- to moderate-income homebuyers find a home they can afford, and educate them about the lottery and home buying process
- CHAPA - Provides a comprehensive list of affordable housing lotteries and other information
- DHCD - Provides overall program guidance for the State and publishes much information
- Mass Housing - Provides many financing options for both developers and potential residents
- Mass Housing Partnership - Sponsors many housing programs