- As posted
- Dennis Town Hall
685 Route 134
S Dennis, MA 02660
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Armand Cloutier, Member
- Richard Farrenkopf, Member
- Daniel Popovich, Member
- Charles Carroll, Member
- Tom Hester, Member
- Robert Kelly, Member
- Heather Peters, Alternate
- Nathaniel Olsen, Alternate
- J. Simpson, Member
Chapter 5. Boards and Commissions
Article IV. Waterways Commission
§ 5-5. Authority to appoint; purpose; alternate members.
- The Board of Selectmen shall appoint a Commission to be known as the "Waterways Commission," hereinafter referred to as the "Commission." Said Commission shall be composed of seven members for three-year staggered terms and two alternates, one for a two-year term and one for a one-year term, and upon appointment, a member shall file with the Town Clerk a financial disclosure form as required by MGL c. 268a, § 19. Members must be full-time residents and registered voters of the Town of Dennis who possess knowledge of and an interest in the operation of the Town waterways. The Commission shall annually appoint a chairperson, a vice chairperson and a recording secretary.
- The Commission shall advise the Board of Selectmen, Harbormaster and Town Administrator on the use, maintenance, regulations, administration, and development of all navigable Town waterways and lakes over 10 acres in area, including related shore facilities. Commission members will be expected to attend occasional meetings beyond their regularly scheduled meeting in support of the Commission's charge. The Commission's work shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assist the Harbormaster in providing input to the Department's annual operating budget and capital budget requests. Including the five-year capital plan;
- Assist the Harbormaster in the development of short and long term goals and objectives for the Department;
- Assist the Harbormaster in developing a long range maintenance plan for all waterways and facilities;
- Receive and review monthly and annual financial reports of waterways revenue;
- Seek information, advice, and assistance from various Town departments that are affected by or affect waterways operation;
- Encourage community support of the Town waterways;
- Review and become acquainted with all waterways and their assets;
- Provide annual updates to the Board of Selectmen and the Town Administrator as to the Commission's deliberations and recommendations during the annual fee hearing, review of the Harbormaster's goals and objectives as well as capital and operating budget reviews;
- Advise, consult and confer with the Town Administrator regarding any operational issue affecting the Town's waterways.
- The Commission shall meet at least on a monthly basis, and a majority of members must be present for the Commission to meet and conduct any business scheduled before it. All meetings of the Commission or any sub-commission established by the Commission are to be held in a public location, properly posted and open to the public, in accordance with the Massachusetts Open Meeting Law. (Editor's Note: See MGL c. 30A, §§ 18 through 25.) Minutes of each meeting shall be prepared and approved by the Commission within a reasonable time after said meeting and distributed to the Board of Selectmen. Commission members shall be mindful of their attendance obligations at Commission meetings as identified in Article VII, § 5-10, of the Town Code.