Where To Vote
The five voting precincts in the Town of Dennis are:
- Precinct 1: Carleton Hall, 1006 Old Bass River Road, Dennis, MA 02638
- Precinct 2: Dennis Senior Center - 1045 Route 134, East Dennis MA 02641
- Precinct 3: Dennis Public Library, 5 Hall Street, Dennisport, MA 02639
- Precinct 4: West Dennis Graded School, 67 School Street, West Dennis, MA 02670
- Precinct 5: Dennis Police Station, 90 Bob Crowell Road, South Dennis, MA 02660
On Election Day the Polls will be open from 7 am to 8 pm.
If you are unsure of where you vote on Election Day you can visit the Secretary of Commonwealth's website Where Do I Vote?, view your precinct by using our Precinct Map, or call the Town Clerk's Office at 508-760-6112.
- When you view the map, a disclaimer will pop up. Once read, you can click the X at the top right of the disclaimer to access the map.
- Select the "Find" tab on the left - this will bring up the address search function.
- Type in your street name- as you start typing similar street names will start to populate below the address bar. Select the one you are looking for.
- You can search whole streets, or then add a house number in the "#" field to bring up a specific address.
- You can explore the map using the tools located on the right side of the map. Hovering over each icon will let you know what it does. You can:
- Zoom In and Out (you can also use the "wheel" in the center of your mouse to do this, if you have one)
- The "i" icon will let you click on an individual address to bring up it's information.
- Select the "Hand" icon to drag the map in different directions
Vote By Mail
Download a Vote By Mail Ballot (PDF) or visit the Secretary of the Commonwealth's website. Applications may be sent by mail to the Town Clerk's Office or dropped off in the Official Ballot Drop Box located in the front of Town Hall. Applications may also be submitted electronically by fax to 508-394-8309 or by email to the Clerk's Office as long as your signature is visible. Mailed Ballots must be requested in writing at least 5 business days before Election Day.
Vote By Mail Ballots may be requested by any registered voter of the Town of Dennis, and a reason is not required.
In 2022, Vote by Mail applications will be mailed in July and September to every voter who hasn't already requested a mail-in ballot for the fall elections. These applications will be pre-addressed to your local election office and postage pre-paid. If you fill out and return this postcard, you do not need to also return the above application, and vice-versa. Only one application is required to receive a ballot by mail.
Download an Absentee Ballot (PDF) or visit the Secretary of the Commonwealth's website. Applications may be sent by mail to the Town Clerk's Office or dropped off in the Official Ballot Drop Box located in the front of Town Hall. Applications may also be submitted electronically by fax to 508-394-8309 or by email to the Clerk's Office as long as your signature is visible. Mailed Ballots must be requested in writing at least 5 business days before Election Day. Applications must be received by Noon the day prior to Election Day for in-person Absentee voting at the Town Clerk's office.
Absentee ballots can only be requested by persons who will be out of town on Election Day, those unable to vote on Election Day due to illness, and for religious reasons.
Ballots need to be returned to the Clerk's Office on Election Day or before.
For voters residing overseas or Active Duty Military, please visit the Federal Voting Assistance Program website for more information on how to apply for an Absentee Ballot.
Registering to Vote/How to Become a Voter
To be eligible to register to vote in Massachusetts you must be a U.S. citizen, a resident of Massachusetts, and 18 years old on or before the next election.
You may register to vote in person with any City/Town Clerk, at the Registry of Motor Vehicles, at a number of state agencies, or on the Secretary of the Commonwealth's website. You may also fill out and return the Voter Registration Form (PDF) and return to:
- Dennis Town Clerk
685 Route 134
South Dennis, MA 02660
You can also use the Online Voter Registration System to change your name for voting purposes, change your address for voting purposes, or change your political party.
How to Become an Election Worker
Are you interested in working at the polls on Election Day? The Office of the Town Clerk is seeking registered voters interested in serving as Election workers.
Election Workers must:
- Be a registered voter in Massachusetts
- Be available to work Election Day from 6 am to 8 pm (or later). Half-day shifts are available.
- Be able to assist with a variety of election-day duties, including (but not limited to):
- Identifying the voters as eligible
- Assisting voters when necessary
- Assuring that the election laws of the state are followed
Election Workers will receive training prior to working an election and may either volunteer or receive pay based on total hours worked. They are assigned to one of 5 polling locations, and may also be assigned to assist with Early Voting. If you are interested, please contact the Town Clerk's Office at 508-760-6112 or email the Town Clerk.